Students throughout Rotary District 5050 are being offered the opportunity to experience the joy of serving others by volunteering in their local community and participating in an international humanitarian service project. Students attend monthly leadership training meetings and contribute 80 hours of local volunteer service during their Junior Year—Grade 11–of high school. Each student is responsible for $1,500 of the program cost.
If you are interested in finding new meaning and direction for your life by assisting local community organizations, improving the conditions of the poorest of the poor in remote regions of the world, and are selected for a YES team, you agree to:
- Pay the program fee of $1,500. YES team members hold a raffle to help meet their $1,500 program fee. Parents are expected to purchase tickets and attend the March team fundraiser in Burlington. Tickets are approx. $75 each.
- Log in 80 hours of volunteer community service from October to May.
- Participate in a monthly team meeting, the weekend team building retreat in October, and the Youth Adventures in Leadership weekend. At the October retreat you and another team member are expected to purchase food for and prepare one meal for the team.
- Solicit donations for the team fundraising raffle and sell raffle tickets.
- Obtain a passport and recommended immunizations at your own expense.
- Bring enough money to pay for personal expenses such as some meals and souvenirs. In-country costs are approximately $300.
How to complete the application process online:
- Register for an account here
- Once logged in complete the application >>> 2019 YES Application